Sunday, February 7, 2010

Featured Recipe

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
(mmm!!!)


With the extremely cold weather hitting the Southeastern part of Ohio, I decided it was time to make some soup, specifically Chicken Noodle Soup. I can remember my grandma making Chicken Noodle from scratch when I was young, it always comforted me and made me feel warm inside. A little bit of homesickness kicked in and I really wanted to try to recreate this feeling. I completely winged it and to my complete surprise, it actually turned out pretty well. This is the perfect solution to a cold winter day. Try it out yourself, the recipe is below.

Ingredients

  • 2 large chicken breasts
  • 2 qt. organic chicken broth
  • 1 package egg noodles
  • 2 Tbs. olive oil
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 medium onion
  • 1 1/2 cup carrots
  • 1 cup celery
  • 2 Tbs. italian seasoning
  • 2 Tbs. dillweed
  • 1 Tbs. basil leaves
  • 1 Tbs. red pepper flakes

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season chicken with salt and pepper and bake for 30 minutes. In a large pot, saute garlic, onion, carrots, celery in olive oil 10 minutes, or until soft. Add italian seasoning, dill, basil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Saute for another 2 minutes. Add chicken and saute for another 2 minutes. Add broth and noodles. Bring to a boil and simmer for 40 minutes. Makes about 8-12 servings.

Featured Restaurant



Lulu's Asian Diner
135 W. Kemper Road
Springdale, OH
513-671-4949

I have been frequenting this restaurant for years and absolutely love the service, atmosphere and, obviously, food that this restaurant provides. They have truly authentic Thai food and their consistency over the 13 years I have gone there is unmatched. I really can't pick what my favorite dishes are because everything is amazing, but below are a few of my favorites. This is definitely a must try restaurant. You haven't lived until you have tried their lo meins.

Noodle Bowl #11 (Spicy Szechuan)
This classic dish with peanut sauce, peanuts, bean shoots and cilantro is out of this world. This dish presents a perfect mix of sweet and spicy and truly gives your taste buds a treat.

Lo Mein (Chicken, Beef, Seafood)
The best part about this dish is the noodles. They are always perfectly cooked and the teriayki sauce that the meat and noodles are marinated in is subtle yet flavorful. You won't be able to get enough of this.

Potstickers (Fried Wontons)
Another classic, these little nuggets of wonton paper and pork filling are the perfect starter. The portion is perfect and they are the perfectly light pre-meal appetizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment