Thursday, March 11, 2010

New Beginnings

Alright, so, I have decided that in an attempt to not let this blog die and go to social media heaven, I am going to switch the focus of it. I kind of had this realization last night that I was totally trying to be professional and, frankly, that's just not me. So, from this point on, this blog is going to be about how to make good food in college while living within a budget. I have gathered from living with four other girls (all of whom, might I add, love to cook), that because of time and money, creating new and exciting dishes as college students, is hard. I am going to make it my goal for the next 10 weeks (yes, I know, it is extremely depressing to think that my college experience will be over in 10 short weeks) to come up with creative and unique dishes that can be made for one or two people. As a way to let people know what I am doing, I have created some rules:

1. I am going to grocery shop every Sunday and post my list.
2. I am going to attempt to make something different every night.
3. I am going to use at least three ingredients each week that I have never experimented with. Feel free to leave suggestions below.
4. I will post my thoughts about each dish. Now, because I am a college student, that is probably not going to happen every day, but I will post about everything I make.

Okay, that is really all I can think of now, but if anyone has suggestions/has attempted to do this before, please feel free to comment or email me. I would love any advice you can give. Also, this little experiment isn't going to start until March 28, because I am going to the Bahamas in a week and half for spring break (ahhhh!!!!!) and I really don't want to think about anything when I wake up but the sun and what kind of drink I am going to have. Oh, and it would be super difficult to blog about anything since I am going to be completely cut off from any kind of communication with anyone that isn't on that boat. If you were wondering, yes, I am totally freaking out about this, but I am hoping that a break from the Internet, might be good for me. We shall see.

Spring Break Countdown: 9 days!!!

As much as I would love to continue talking about my blog's future, my LAST JOURNALISM CLASS EVER is about to start and I am thinking it might be a good idea to pay attention.

peace, love, and new beginnings?

MEA

No comments:

Post a Comment