Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekend at the Homestead

Hi Lambchops!

After what seemed like a 10 hour drive (really it’s only 2 ½), I arrived home just in time to miss the most exciting Ohio State Basketball game I have ever NOT seen. From a recap on ESPN, I gathered that Evan Turner made a ½ court, buzzer-beater shot (can I just say how ridiculously good he is). They play in the finals today verse Minnesota. Oh, also, because we are on the note of basketball…THE OHIO UNIVERSITY BOBCATS ARE GOING TO THE BIG DANCE! Yes, I said it! OU pulled through in the MAC championship final to beat Akron in overtime. Can I just say, the fact that a nine seed can make it to the NCAA tournament is exactly why I love March. Yay for March Madness!



Ohio's Armon Bassett carries the championship trophy after Ohio beat Akron 81-75 in overtime of an NCAA college basketball game to win the Mid-American Conference men's finals Saturday, March 13, 2010, in Cleveland. Bassett was named the tournament MVP. (AP Photo/Amy Sancetta)

Anyway, upon my arrival, I said hi to the rents, we caught up on life and then I headed back out to meet a friend for dinner. As I was leaving, Mike and Tam informed me that they were making a ridiculously good sounding gourmet meal of steamed muscles in white wine and chicken broth, with linguine pasta. Of course they make that on the ONE night I decided to eat out. Needless to say, it was a little hard for me to leave the house after I figured that out.


Dinner was fab. I always think it is great to catch up with friends that you haven’t seen for months. While I was completely unmotivated to go at the beginning, I was extremely happy I followed through and met her. Because of this NCAA basketball tournament, we waited like 45 minutes for a table (totally annoying). Something that I have found extremely irritating about restaurants is when they tell you it is going to be a 25-minute wait and it ends up being 45 (stupid, stupid, stupid). But, whatever, we stayed and had a blast.


When I came home my grandparents parents were already in bed, so I ordered a movie on pay per view (Love Happpens, totally cute) and spent a lonely night on the couch. On a high note, I discovered the band Rogue Wave. Definitely might be my new favorite band. I woke up at 7 a.m., once again because my parents are on this ridiculous sleep schedule of going to bed super early and waking up SUPER early. Whatever, I got up and moving and actually got some stuff done. It actually worked out to my advantage that the parents were leaving for the day. Mike headed off to a gun show, Tam went to meet with some of her friends and I completed about seven Educational Psychology quizzes that I, in true procrastinator form, had left for the end of the quarter.





Tam was staying in C-bus for the night, so Mike and I decided that for dinner we were going to steam the rest of the muscles he had bought. We made homemade marinara sauce and put the whole thing over angel hair pasta. Holy yumminess! It was absolutely phenomenal. We downed that and then went into food coma and napped on the couch for 2 hours. One thing that I love about my dad is that we are typically on the same page when it comes to napping…WE LOVE IT!


Got the camera fixed, but totally forgot to take a picture of the lovely dinner. I promise the pics will start soon! That’s all for now love doves. I will post soon! I am working on getting this crazy paper done, so posting again probably won’t happen this week. Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment